Third year of celebrating the outstanding achievements of women in the technology space in Cambodia
Nominations to recognize top women leaders in technology now open!
The Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications (MPTC) announced today that it has opened the call for nominations for the Outstanding Women in Technology Awards 2020. The Awards aim to recognise women across technology disciplines who are conquering new frontiers by leading and founding technology firms, and building innovative tools, technologies and experiences. Through this programme, the ministry is setting the stage for the Awards to return for the third time to encourage more women to contribute to the development of Cambodia’s digital economy.
Since 2018, the ministry has been operating this programme with funds allocated from the Capacity Building, Research and Development Fund (CBRD). This year’s award programme is based on the theme of “Women and Digital Economy” and is seeking prospective candidates from Cambodia. The nomination process begins today and will continue until 5th March 2020. During this time, the public is invited to nominate candidates they believe are deserving of recognition for their contributions to the ICT sector in the country. The nominees should have experience working in a high-tech environment, acquired high leadership skills, as well as possess the capacity to apply these skills towards serving the community. In addition, they must be women who show strong commitment in devoting time and efforts towards finding solutions in any field of technology for the benefit of the Cambodian society as a whole.
Upon the receipt of the applications, the ministry shall evaluate and determine all nominees based on the judgement criteria and qualifications accordingly. The five winners will be honoured at an awarding ceremony during the Digital Cambodia 2020 expo, which shall take place at the Koh Pich Exhibition center on 20-23 March 2020.
“The Outstanding Women in Technology Awards have become an annual custom and key point in time to recognise women in tech in Cambodia,” said H.E. Mr Kan Channmeta, Secretary of State of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.
“During the Digital Cambodia 2020 expo this year we will celebrate five winners who are doing important work to power Cambodia’s digital economy, while at the same time helping expand gender equality. This programme is a crucial part of our campaign to showcase Cambodia’s role-models and their inspiring achievements.”
Since the launch of the Outstanding Women in Technology Awards, more than 70 women have been recognised for their exceptional contributions to Cambodia’s burgeoning tech industry under five award categories:
- The Cambodian Woman ICT Entrepreneur of Award will be given to a woman in leadership role with a successful business in the information and communications technology field, who has received both local and international recognition.
- The Cambodian Woman ICT Engineer Award will be awarded to a skilled and creative female leader in tech engineering, who has used her skills to serve various institutions till date.
- The Cambodian Woman ICT for Community Award will be given to a tech-savvy female who has actively participated by volunteering their time and energy to promote the use of technology in Cambodia for its improvement, or to women who have developed technological solutions solely for the benefit of the society.
- The Creative Digital Contents Award is for women who have created creative content (multimedia content, digital art and design etc) that is unique and highly creative, and beneficial for the society, the economy and culture as a whole.
- The Girl Innovator Award will be given to a girl under the age of 18 who has played a role in the development of any innovative technology.
The public can engage with this programme by nominating as many women candidates as possible, but the nominators should have a good understanding of the work of their nominees. Nominations may be made online through the link provided below: http://cbrd.gov.kh/nomination-form-2020